To register for our Internet & Phone Auctions, please read the rules below and click the link at the bottom or top of the page. Please note that by filling out the registration form you are accepting all the terms listed below.
If you have registered for any one of Mile High Card Company's Previous Auctions, you do NOT need to register again. If you already logged in and are trying to place a bid, please scroll to the bottom of the page and check the box and then your bid will be placed. If you forgot your Username/Bidder # or Password you can click on the "lost password" link to your left or call our offices (303) 840-2784.
1. Registration - If you are not a registered Mile High Card Company (MHCC) Bidder you must register online at www.milehighcardco.com or call (303) 840-2784 to obtain your bidder information. You do not have to register again if you have bid with MHCC in our past auctions. If you do not recall your user information you can obtain this information by clicking on the "Lost Password" located on all pages of the auction site or call us at (303) 840-2784 if you continue to have difficulty.
2. Bidding - Bidding begins immediately upon the launch of the auction on our web site. Preliminary bidding will end at 9:00 PM, EST on the auction closing date. To bid on a lot after 9:00 PM, EST you must have placed a bid on that lot prior to 9:00 PM, EST. Thus, if you are the only bidder on a lot at 9:00 PM, EST on the auction closing date you will be declared the winner. No retractions of bids are permitted. Once a bid has been placed, it may not be retracted. Bidding may occur in any of the following ways:
a) Online Bidding - Online bidding for registered users who have obtained a User ID and Password is available 24 hours. Beginning at 9:00 PM, EST on the auction closing date bidding will be extended in accordance with the terms of the "15-Minute Rule" with all items ending at the same time. After 9:00 PM, EST bidding will continue until no lots within the entire auction receive even a single bid for a period of approximately 15 minutes at which time the auction will officially close.
b) Telephone Bidding - Telephone bids will be accepted between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM, MST, Monday through Friday at (303) 840-2784, except for the auction closing date when bidding will continue until 9:00 PM, EST and then for an indeterminate period in accordance with the "15-Minute Rule." The auction will close once no bids are received either online or by telephone for a period of approximately 15 minutes at which time we will stop answering the phone.
c) 15 Minute Rule Definition - The 15 minute rule means that starting at 9:00 PM, EST on the last day of the auction, the auction will close at 9:00 PM, EST as long as no bids are placed on any auction item within a 15 minute span. If no bids are placed during that 15 minute span of time on any auction items, the entire auction will close. If however a bid is placed within that time span on any auction item, the entire auction will stay open for another 15 minutes. This process will stay in effect until no bids are placed within a 15 minute time span on any auction item. To bid on a lot after 9:00 PM, EST you must have placed a bid on that lot prior to 9:00 PM, EST. Thus, if you are the only bidder on a lot at 9:00 PM, EST on the auction closing date you will be declared the winner. No retractions of bids are permitted. Please note: Based on past experience we expect the auction to continue past 3:00am EST. Should the auction continue past 3:00 am EST and bids have slowed to a trickle there will be no public warning as to exactly when the auction will close.
d) Minimum Bids- Each and every lot within the auction does have a minimum bid designated in both the catalog as well as online. A very few of the lots in the auction have a reserve price (please note the vast majority of the lots within the auction do not have a reserve price) A reserve price is the confidential minimum price that a consignor will accept before they will sell the material, this means that a bid of equal or greater than the confidential reserve must be placed for a succesful bid to be accepted on that lot. MHCC may implement this reserve by bidding on behalf of the consignor and may place a bid up to the amount of the reserve, by placing succesive bids if necessary. In the limited instances where MHCC has a financial interest in a lot beyond our commision we may place a bid to protect our financial interest. Reserves when in place will be pre-determined and set within the auction software prior to the start of the auction. Again, please note the vast majority of the lots in every auction will be offered without a confidential reserve in place. For all items in the auction (unless an item is withdrawn during the auction)without a reserve they will be sold to the highest bidder at or above the minimum bid.
3. Buyers Premium - A 20% buyer's premium will be added to all winning bids. For example, the winner of a lot selling for a high bid of $1000 will be billed $1200 plus shipping/handling charges and sales tax, if applicable. If paid by PayPal a 21.5% Buyers Premium will be added for convienance, please note PayPal payments are ONLY for invoices under $5000.00.
4. Bid Increments - Items will be sold to the highest bidder. Bids can be no lower than the minimum bid listed in the catalog and on the website. The current high bid must be raised by a 10% increment from $1.00- $10,000, from $10,001- $100,000 the percentage increment is 5%, from $100,001-$500,000 the price increment is $500.00. MHCC reserves the right to refuse any or all bids. MHCC record of final sale shall be conclusive.
5. "Up To" or "Limit Bids" - "Up to" or "limit" bids are generally set to the most that a bidder is willing to spend for a lot. When placing such a bid you are instructing the auction house to competitively bid on your behalf up to (but not over) a given limit. These "up to" bids must be calculated in 10% increments in order to ensure other bidders are not being outbid by less than 10%. "Up to" bids are kept in strict confidence. MHCC will automatically up a bid within seconds of a topped bid. Remember, all bids must comply with the minimum bid rule. "Up to" Bids can be done via our web site bidding or by calling (303) 840-2784. Please bid with the utmost of confidence. Our auction software provider at our request has turned off our ability to see your proxy/cieling bids. Your max bid will never be seen by anyone at MHCC in order to hold our auction process to the highest industry standards for both MHCC bidders as well as our consignors security.
6. Item Information - All population figures come from the current PSA Online Population Report. All lots and descriptions are available for viewing at www.milehighcardco.com, or in our full color catalog. We also offer detailed phone descriptions. We strongly encourage bidders to take advantage of these services as there are no returns. Please do not wait until the final day of the auction to preview the lots as verbal descriptions will not be available on the final day.
7. Payment - Invoices will be sent to all winning bidders within 3 business days after the auction by e-mail hard copy invoices will only be sent to winning bidders who do not have an email on file with MHCC or to those customers who rerquest them and will contain all of your auction totals, including the items you won, shipping and insurance costs and tax if applicable. A copy of the payment instructions will also be enclosed with your invoice. Any bidder who has not paid in full without having made prior arrangements for late payment will have future bidding privileges revoked. Invoices are payable upon receipt with payment due no later than two weeks from date of invoice. Payments may be made by cash, check, wire transfer (invoices above $10,000 ONLY with a $20.00 charge for wire transfers), or money order. Items paid by cash, wire transfer or money order will be shipped immediately. Unless known to Mile High Card Co., personal checks will be held for 7-10(No Exceptions) days before merchandise is approved for shipment which can take up to 5-7 days after funds are collected. Any returned checks will incur a $30.00 fee. NO CREDIT CARDS will be accepted for this sale. In the event of a Late/Non Payment, the bidder agrees to pay all of the auctioneer's reasonable attorney's fees and costs involved in collection of funds, plus 1.5% interest per month on any unpaid balance, starting from the original due date until the date that all funds have been collected. The jurisdiction for any litigation shall be in the State of Colorado, or the Federal District Court of Colorado at the discretion of the auctioneer. Each of the terms in the auction rules are distinct and separate. If a winning bidder does not honor his or her bid with payment in full per the auction rules, then it is agreed that MHCC at its sole discretion can sell the given item(s) to the under bidder or re offer the items in a future auction, and that the original winning bidder is responsible for any losses incurred or service charges involved in the sale of the said item(s) and that the non paying winning bidder explicitly agrees to pay any and all costs of collection, including, but not limited to, reasonable attorney's fees incurred by MHCC in the collection of these losses and/or service charges from the non paying winning bidder.
8. Shipping - Costs for packaging, shipping and insurance will be added to all invoices. Absolutely NO lots will be shipped until full payment is received. PLEASE NOTE: All invoices greater than $1000.00 MUST be shipped via FedEx to a physical address with an adult signature requirement for insurance purposes.
Framed Items-We will make every effort to ensure that items that are enclosed in frames are packed and shipped as carefully as possible, however we will not be responsible for the frames themselves, and no refunds will be given for frame or glass damage.
9. Sales Tax - CO residents must add 6% state sales tax or supply a valid resale number when registering.
10. Returns - Returns of graded cards are not allowed. We will make every effort by the above means to describe as accurately as possible any graded card in the auction for you. The emphasis, therefore, is on the bidder to ensure that the lots are satisfactory and are not returned.
11. Authenticity - MHCC takes extreme pride in the authentication of the material offered within our auctions. All items are sold as 100% genuine and every effort has been made to ensure the authenticity of each item in our auction. In many instances we use reputable third party authentication. While we as a firm perform due diligence in order to maintain the integrity of our auctions, we encourage bidders to use every resource available to them to draw their own conclusions. As a firm we will make every effort to help in the process. Because of our efforts to ensure the authenticity of the items within the catalog as well as the opportunity we offer bidders to confirm our findings as well as that of our experts and third party authentication, it is our policy that all sales will be considered final.
Game Used Items - Bats- John Taube is an acknowledged authority on professional model game used bats, he asses the bat's authenticity on a 25 step authentication procedure.
Jerseys- Mile High Card Company (MHCC) will provide LOAs from MHCC in addition to any LOA that is represented in the description of each jersey, in such case that a Mile High Card Co. LOA is listed solely it will be the only LOA included. MHCC LOAs are a targeted comprensive authentication process bouyed by the opinions of no fewer than two leading hobby experts. No individual names of our experts will be associated on the LOA since we will only offer items which have passed the test of both of our experts and that were deemed to be authentic. Mile High Card Company stands behind the authenticity of the items in the company's auctions, and we attempt to make sure every item in the auction is genuine and has been authenticated by the leading hobby experts- Because of the due diligence performed by our firm as well as the aforementioned hobby experts all material accompanied by an MHCC LOA will be considered final. All items are available for viewing in our office prior to the auction for the enthusiast to make their own assesment.
12. Acceptance of Terms - Placing a bid constitutes acceptance of the above terms. Mile High Card Co. reserves the right to reject any and all bids from any bidder.
These Terms of Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Colorado. User and this Auction Site agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Colorado. If any provision(s) of these Terms of Service is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, then such provision(s) shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties with the other provisions remaining in full force and effect. This Auction Site's failure to exercise or enforce any rights or provisions of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by this Auction Site in writing. User and this Auction Site agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to this Service must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action arose; otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred. The section titles in these Terms of Service are provided for reference purposes only and have no legal or contractual significance
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
Mile High Card Auction provides its users with an Internet auction service for the purpose of buying and selling personal property. Users agree to provide certain current, complete, and accurate information about themselves and to maintain and update this information as required to keep it current, complete and accurate. All information requested on original sign up shall be referred to as registration data ("Registration Data"). Furthermore, user grants this Auction Site the right to disclose to third parties certain Registration Data about User and Service membership in the aggregate; however, such disclosures will exclude user's name, mailing address, email address, account and phone number, unless: (1) User expressly directs this Auction Site to disclose such information, or (2) this Auction Site is required to disclose such information by any applicable law or legal process served on this Auction Site.
MODIFICATIONS TO TERMS OF SERVICE
This Auction Site may change these Terms of Service from time to time. Users will be notified by email of any change in these Terms of Service. User's continued use of the Service constitutes both: (1) their acknowledgment of these Terms of Service and any modifications; and (2) User's agreement to abide and be bound by these Terms of Service and modifications.
MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE
This Auction Site reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Service with or without notice to user. This Auction Site shall not be liable to users or any third party should this Auction Site exercise its right to modify or discontinue the Service.
Should user object to any of these Terms of Service or any subsequent modifications thereto or become dissatisfied with the Service in any way, user's only recourse is to: (1) discontinue use of the Service; (2) terminate Service membership; and (3) notify Mile High Card Company of termination.
Our services are available exclusively to individuals able to form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, our services are not available to minors. Furthermore, this Auction Site reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason whatsoever.
REGISTRATION & ACCOUNT SECURITY
Users agree to provide true and accurate information about themselves in the registration form. If any information provided by user is incomplete or inaccurate, this Auction Site retains the right to terminate user's membership and rights to use the Service. As part of their registration, users will receive a User ID and Password. Users are encouraged to keep their User ID and Passwords private because the foregoing data is the only information needed for purchasing power. Users are responsible for the confidentiality of their User ID and Password as well as for any and all activities that occur under their user ID and password-protected account. User agrees to immediately notify this Auction Site of any unauthorized use of their User ID or Password or any other breach of security known to user.
User is solely responsible for the contents of his or her transmissions through the Service. Use of the Service is subject to all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. Attempts to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems are prohibited. This Auction Site may, at its sole discretion, immediately terminate Service should user's conduct fail to conform to these Terms of Service and User Agreement.
This Auction Site retains the right, at our sole discretion, to determine whether or not a user's conduct is consistent with the letter and spirit of this Agreement. This Auction Site reserves the right to terminate service if a user's conduct is found to be inconsistent with these Terms of Service and User Agreement.
BIDDING AND BUYING
Mile High Card Company has the right to establish general practices and limits concerning users' bidding privileges and procedures. A user who has entered the highest accepted bid at the end of an auction is obligated to complete the transaction. Once entered, bids are NOT retractable. This Auction Site and its host are not responsible for bids not being processed or not being accepted due to technical difficulties. Moreover, bid manipulation of any kind is expressly forbidden. A seller is prohibited from placing bids or arranging to have bids placed on behalf of seller, seller's agent or assigns. No shill bidding is allowed. Buyers are prohibited from communicating with each other with the purpose of manipulating the final purchase price of an item. Please note that it is a violation of law to make bids in a false name or with an invalid payment method, even if our software initially accepts such a bid. Be aware that even if you do not give us your real name, your web browser transmits a unique Internet address to us, which can be used by law enforcement officials to identify you. Do not test our auctions with false bids. This puts you at substantial personal legal risk. Fraudulent bidders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Currently, both the FBI and the US Secret Service are responsible for investigating all Internet fraud cases.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS OF SERVICE
As operated by Mile High Card Company, this auction service is provided to you under the foregoing Terms of Service and any operating rules or policies that may be published by this Auction Site. The Terms of Service comprise the entire agreement between Member and this Auction Site and supersede all prior agreements between the parties, regarding the subject matter contained herein. By participating in the registration process, you are indicating your agreement to be bound by all of these Terms of Service.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
USER EXPRESSLY AGREES THAT USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT USER'S SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS" AND & "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. THIS AUCTION SITE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. MILE HIGH CARD COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; NOR DOES MILE HIGH CARD COMPANY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED. MILE HIGH CARD COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ANY TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE SERVICE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY USER FROM MILE HIGH CARD COMPANY OR THROUGH THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
MILE HIGH CARD COMPANY OR ITS HOST SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, OR FOR COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES, OR RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASE OR OBTAINED, OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE SERVICE OR RESULTING FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR ALTERATION OF MEMBER'S TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE, EVEN IF MILE HIGH CARD COMPANY OR ITS HOST HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
User agrees to indemnify and hold Mile High Card Company, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and employees, and likewise the host, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of their use of the Service, a breach of this User Agreement, or the infringement by user, or other user of the Service using registered user's computer, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.